Tara Bad

By: Highlander II

Rating: NC-17: language, sexual situations, violence
Spoilers: Season 5 - "Family" - "The Gift"
Summary: AU version of certain events stemming from "Family" and proceeding through "The Gift," but following canon, as it appeared on the series, with respect to everything else and ending in such a way that the events of Season 6 could occur as they did onscreen with few repurcussions. Spike and Tara-centric.
Disclaimer: Characters belong to Joss Whedon and are property of Kuzui/Kuzui Entertainment, Mutant Enemy Productions, WB, UPN, FOX etc. etc.
Feedback: Highlander II






Part XIII

'Least I can still hot-wire a car. Now we can get the hell out of here and… well… back to Sunnydale so Slayer can do her 'save the world' gig. If she ever snaps out of this trance, or whatever, she's in. Red's havin' no luck snappin' 'er out of it. Guess that means it's my turn. Shake 'er. Shake 'er again. Yell 'er name in 'er face. Bugger. Only thing left is a good slap.

"Ow!" Damn chip. Now buggering Harris is shovin' me across the room. Who does he think he is?

"Are you insane?..." He keeps yammerin'. I yammer back and he bloody hits me. Then the witch gets all pissy and forces us apart without even touchin' us. That's bloody impressive.

****

So, I'm off to take a peek at Glory's flat. See what's the what. Looks like Ben's got a little piece of space here too. Those buggers couldn't figure this whole bit out? Took me damn near twenty minutes to get it through their thick skulls that Ben and Glory are the same git. That must be some strong mojo. Now Harris and I are heading off to talk to Doc about some things and I have to explain to him again about this whole Ben - Glory thing.

"This is gonna be worth it." Really, it is. I smack Harris upside the head and howl in pain because of it. The 'worth it' part - he howls too. Music to m'ears. Now I get to start over again with this whole mess. "Last time. From the top…"

****

That was about as much fun as getting set on fire. Oh, wait, I was set on fire. Well, sort of. Bugger.

"So, what do you s'pose is in the box?" Harris asks. So, the git's got some intelligence in there, after all.

I shrug. "Dunno, but it's gotta be important if Doc was plannin' to destroy it so we couldn't have it." I shift the box's weight a little.

"Think Giles'll have some ideas?"

"Probably." Can he just shut up? I know I have all manners of super-strength and all, but m'hands still hurt and this box isn't heavy, but it's not light either.

"Want some help with that?" he asks, pointing at the box.

Sure, now he bloody asks. "Nah. Got it. Almost there anyway. Come on then."

****

Well, isn't that something? Glory's gonna drain the Nibblet dry to open up a door. That's just bloody well perfect, innit?"

Part XIV