Tara Bad

By: Highlander II

Rating: NC-17: language, sexual situations, violence
Spoilers: Season 5 - "Family" - "The Gift"
Summary: AU version of certain events stemming from "Family" and proceeding through "The Gift," but following canon, as it appeared on the series, with respect to everything else and ending in such a way that the events of Season 6 could occur as they did onscreen with few repurcussions. Spike and Tara-centric.
Disclaimer: Characters belong to Joss Whedon and are property of Kuzui/Kuzui Entertainment, Mutant Enemy Productions, WB, UPN, FOX etc. etc.
Feedback: Highlander II






Part VII

Sodding stinking bloody dumb bad luck. Sodding robot girl threw me through a window. Mind you, I'm pretty tough and can handle just about anything, but it still bloody hurt. It was a window! What the hell was that about?

I rub my neck and put the cigarette in my left hand to my lips and take a long drag. I have no idea why I smoke these things. Sure, I get a little buzz from the nicotine, but that's about it. Well, that and the 'bad boy' look.

Slayer thought it was right funny that I got tossed on m'ass, breaking a window in the process. Bitch. What is it with her, she likes to see me in pain so much? She that mean, or just sadistic?

And now, even blondie-witch isn't comin' by to see me. Hasn't been here in a few days. Harm's long gone. Damn, I'm sittin' here, alone, in the dark… when did I fail to realize it was dark? Probably about the same time I didn't realize my cigarette was gone. What the hell is happening to me?

"Spike!" a shrill voice screams from my front door.

Bloody hell. The sodding Slayer. What does she want? "What?" I moan. This is irritating.

"Have fun with that robot?" she tries very hard not to snicker at me.

"Yeah. Bloody peaches. Wish more people would toss me through plate glass windows. Bloody hell, Slayer. What do you think?"

I can hear her moving around on the step. It's still dark in here so she'll probably have trouble getting around unless I find some light. "Why are you sitting here in the dark?"

"Not sittin'."

"Standing then. Whatever. Why?" She's still again. I can hear her breathing, but she's not moving. Scared of me, are you?

"I can see." I light another cigarette and can just make out her silhouette at the door. New moon. Not even any light from outside coming in. Damn. I shift on my feet a bit. "Why are you here?"

"Was on patrol, thought I'd see if you'd been tossed around some more," she says with a smile.

"Thanks for the concern, but I think I'm good."

She shakes her head, I can just see it moving. "One more thing, stay away from me. Stay away from my sister, my friends. Just… leave us alone." She turns and stalks into the night.

What the bleeding hell was that all about? I haven't done a damned thing. Who the hell does she think she is? Heh. I'll show her. I can't have what I want, guess I'll have to get the next best thing.



Part VIII